Construction has finished at the Green Mountains Camping Area in Lamington National Park – an exciting project between the Queensland Government and O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat.
O’Reilly’s Campground is a new world class ecotourism attraction set out amongst the pristine rainforest of UNESCO World Heritage Lamington National Park.
Stunning vistas and mesmarising Sunsets await you at this incredible rejuvenated space -featuring 17 powered safari tents – 2 with disabled access, 24 campsites featuring Altitude and Basecamp sites, 4 Bushwalkers campsites and 21 campervan/camper trailer sites with powered sites available.
There’s also a open space communal camp kitchen with stunning views overlooking the McPherson Range, a fire-pit and gathering area, an amenities building and a meeting room know as ‘The Hub’ – with pathways and ramping to enable accessibility for all guests.
It’s right on the doorstep of O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat, meaning you’ll have access to all the same experiences and adventures you know and love about O’Reilly’s and Lamington – with new ones just waiting to be discovered.
Use the Book Now button to make a reservation to experience the new O’Reilly’s Campground.
What’s at the NEW O’Reilly’s Campground (formally known as Green Mountain Campground)
17 x Safari tents;
- Why pack your own tent – just use one of ours!
- Each tent has a comfy queen bed plus a double/single bunk
- BYO bedding (sheets, pillows, towels and blankets) or you can hire a linen pack from us and we’ll make up the beds for your arrival
- Outdoor setting on the deck
- Double power point and lights
- Dedicated communal bathrooms
- 2 of these tents are wheelchair accessible and close to the camp kitchen & amenities block
- Quoted rates are for 4 people
24 x Camping sites + 4 Bushwalkers Camping sites:
- Select from 2 types of camping sites – Altitude or Basecamp
- Altitude is located higher up on the site offering stunning views towards the western mountains and are close to the camp kitchen and amenities.
- Basecamp are located a little lower down the site but are only a short stroll to the amenities or camp kitchen.
- Campsites are on a compacted cracker dust base – except for the Bushwalkers camping sites.
- Bushwalkers camping sites are located in the scrub and are part of the original Great Walk campsites.
- There are various sizes of sites – please ensure you choose a site that will fit your camping gear.
- Quoted rates are for 4 people
21 x Campervan/Camper trailer sites;
- These sites are located throughout the campground and are suitable for Campervans/Camper trailers only.
- 2 sized sites – Small or Large – please ensure your equipment will fit within these dimensions
- Small – 5m x 5m – Perfect for the smaller Campervans/ Camper trailers made for 2 people
- Large – 7.5m x 5m for larger Campervans/Camper trailers
- We also have a small number of powered sites
- Not all sites are 100% level so we recommend you bring your leveller ramps to ensure you have the very best experience.
- Quoted rates are for 2 people
- Beautiful new communal kitchen offering a open space large cooking and dining area.
- Includes 2 x gas BBQ plates, gas cooktop, microwave, toaster, fridge and zip hot water dispensers. You need to bring all of your own cooking tools, utensils, cutlery & crockery.
- Meals and Drinks are also available with Free Delivery from the Retreat Dining Room to the camp kitchen before 8pm everyday – click here to view menu.
- Exceptional views out to the west and the McPherson Range.
O’Reilly’s Campground – Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the check-in process?
O’Reilly’s campground is a self check-in campground.
We will provide you with all necessary access codes on the day of your arrival via SMS or email.
2. What time is check-in and check-out?
Check-in is from 2PM.
Check-out is 10AM.
3. What are the hours of the camp kitchen?
You can cook anytime between 7am and 9pm. Meals and Drinks are also available with Free Delivery from the Retreat Dining Room to the camp kitchen before 8pm everyday – click here to view menu.
4. What facilities are in the camp kitchen?
There are 2 x gas BBQ plates, a double gas cooktop, microwave, toaster, fridge, and zip hot water. You need to BYO everything – cooking pots & pans, utensils, cutlery and crockery.
5. Can I cook in the safari tents?
No, there is no cooking or naked flames allowed in the tents. All cooking is to be done in the camp kitchen.
6. What are the Safari tents equipped with?
The Safari tents have a Queen bed and a double/single bunk bed, outdoor setting on the deck, a couple of directors chairs, a double power point & lights.
7. Does the safari tent price include linen?
No, as this gives you the option to BYO linen or you can hire it from us.
8. If I hire linen will you make my bed?
Linen hire is available for Safari Tents only and yes, we will make your bed ready for your arrival.
9. Can I bring my pet with me?
No, we are surrounded by World Heritage listed Lamington National Park and there are to be no domestic animals or pets brought into the park. You will be turned away should you bring a pet.
10. What’s with the communal firepit?
The firepit is a fantastic gathering point to share the adventures of the day and take in the sunset.
11. Can I bring my own firewood for the firepit?
Yes, you can certainly bring firewood from home or purchase some from the Cafe once you’re here.
12. Can I bring my camper trailer or my Caravan?
The sites are designed for small/medium campervans or compact camper trailers only. Our larger sites are 7m x 5m so as long as your camper trailer can fit within that space when opened out you will be fine. There are no drive through sites so you’ll need to be good at doing a reverse park. You will then have to park your vehicle in the National Park car park which is just a short walk from the camp ground.
No Caravans are allowed.
13. As a guest of the Campground, can I use the facilities at O’Reilly’s?
You are welcome to eat in the Dining Room or the Cafe, book a spa treatment at Lost World Spa and take part in our Discovery Program activities (charges apply). You can even book meals and activities packages when you make your reservation.
The swimming pools are exclusive for Retreat and Villas overnight guests, however there are plenty of natural swimming holes in the National Park surrounding the camp ground. You will need to walk to these locations but they are well worth it and super refreshing! Plus they’re free.
14. Are there powered sites?
Yes, there are four Campervan powered sites available. No camp sites are powered currently.
15. Will my Safari Tent have power?
Yes, the Safari Tests are powered and have one double power point.
16. Can the fire pit be used during a total fire ban?
No. If there is a total fire ban in place for the region the fire pit can not be used. Fines do apply.
17. Are there laundry facilities?
There is a coin operated laundry at the Retreat. For more information and opening hours please enquire at Reception.
18. What is the check-in and check-out time?
Check-in time is from 2PM and check-out time is at 10AM.
19. What happens if I arrive late?
The code to the boom gate will be sent to you via SMS on arrival day.
20. Is there parking?
Yes, there is parking available, however there is only enough space for one car per site. Additional cars can come into the camp ground, unpack the car in the “unloading zone” and then head out to the National Park car park and take the very short walk back to the camp ground.
Each site has its own designated parking area. PLEASE do not park in others car space – it just causes havoc.
21. Can I request a specific site?
A specific site can be requested however cannot be guaranteed.
22. If I dine in the Dining Room or Cafe, can meals be charged to my campsite?
There are no chargeback facilities for Campground guests. Payment is required at the time of booking.
23. Are there disabled facilities?
There are two wheelchair accessible Safari Tents, as well as access to amenities block and community kitchen and fire pit area.
If you require a wheelchair accessible Safari Tent please contact our Reservations team on email@example.com or 1800 688 722.
24. What happens if I need to cancel my booking?
For cancellations more than 30 days prior to arrival, you will be able to select new dates and transfer your prepayment amount at no extra cost. Rates are subject to availability.
For cancellations between 30 days and 7 days prior to arrival you will be able to select new dates and transfer your prepayment amount.
Cancellations or amendments within 7 days – payment is forfeited. An administration fee of $50 applies for date changes.
25. Do you have cots and highchairs for hire? How much does it cost?
You need to bring your own cot and highchair
26. Are there heaters or fans in the Safari Tents?
There are no heaters or fans on the Safari Tents as this is a camping experience.
27. Can I put a gazebo in the grassed area by my campsite?
Yes, you can put a gazebo by your tent, as long as it doesn’t interfere with other camper’s space or view.