AWARD WINNING Canungra Valley Vineyards is celebrating 20 years since the O’Reilly’s family opened its gates in the lush green countryside of the Scenic Rim.
Canungra Valley Vineyards Manger Tamil Mani said the business is commemorating the anniversary milestone with a calendar jam packed with events that showcase the winery’s incredible location and local produce.
“We have so much to celebrate, particularly our Scenic Rim produce, and are hosting a long lunch with celebrity chef and BBQ extraordinaire Fenton Keogh later this month,” Mr Mani said.
“Carnivore Christmas in July is another one to keep an eye out for with dishes like red claw and lime caviar salad and slow cooked camel pie on the menu.”
Mr Mani indicated the secret to the winery’s success is the amazing location guests can enjoy their lunch and wine tasting in.
“We have couples and families visiting the property every day to enjoy picnic hampers by the creek, alpaca walks and wine tasting all year round.”
“We also have the award-winning Vintage Restaurant located in the 161-year-old Killowen Homestead. Guests dine on the verandah and are surrounded by grape vines and mountain views.”
O’Reilly’s has also released its 2019 wine vintages, including Annie Semillon and an anniversary Shiraz.
“We have released a special edition commemorative wine, Canungra 20 Shiraz, to celebrate the anniversary milestone.”
“It’s a great time to visit the vineyards and we look forward to celebrating with all our guests in coming months.”
Visitors can celebrate with Canungra Valley Vineyards by booking a seat at Canungra Valley Vineyards Longest Lunch on 30th June and enjoy slow cooked BBQ basted beef brisket and whole roast suckling pig with celebrity chef Fenton Keogh or Carnivore Christmas in July (Saturday 27th) by calling (07) 5543 4011.
20 reasons why you should visit O’Reilly’s Canungra Valley Vineyards on their 20 year anniversary
- Savour slow cooked BBQ basted beef brisket and whole roast suckling pig at the Canungra Valley Vineyards Longest Lunch on 30th June with celebrity chef Fenton Keogh.
- Sample the cellar door including special edition commemorative wine – Canungra 20 Shiraz and new release 2019 Annie Semillon.
- Picnic with an Alpaca on 1st July as part of Scenic Rim Eat Local Week celebrations.
- Book Carnivore Christmas in July (Saturday 27th) and taste culinary delights like red claw and lime caviar salad, pork chicken and pistachio terrine and slow cooked camel pie.
- Choose from gourmet Homestead Picnic Basket, BBQ pack or breakfast hampers seven days a week.
- Visit award-winning Vintage Restaurant and order roasted mustard rubbed eye fillet of beef paired perfectly with a glass of Shane Shiraz.
- Take a selfie with Ed Sheeran… the alpaca that is!
- Join the wine club and receive special offers, discount on vineyard events … and wine of course!
- Inspect the multiple wedding venues and consult an expert about your special day.
- Explore the 100-year-old ‘Killowen’ homestead.
- Meet resident peacock Bob.
- Kick back and relax with live music every Sunday.
- Buy a Banksia Seed aroma pod, local Greenlea Macadamias or cuddly toy from the gift shop.
- Roam free these school holidays and soak up the lush green mountain vista and bubbling Canungra Creek.
- Talk to resident viticulturalist Kevin Murtagh about the growing cycle of your favourite O’Reilly’s wine
- Dip your toes in Canungra Creek while you keep watch for the resident platypus.
- Enjoy ice cream and alpaca walks for the kids and wine tasting for the adults.
- Walk through the grapevines and see first-hand next year’s vintage in the making … great photo opportunity.
- Celebrate the simple pleasures of life like crisp clear Winter days creek-side with a glass of O’Reilly’s wine
- Take a virtual tour of O’Reilly’s Canungra Valley Vineyards and start planning your visit today!
The 161 year old heritage homestead ‘Killowen’ sits proudly next to the Canungra Creek at O’Reilly’s Canungra Valley Vineyards.
O’Reilly’s wins gold at QLD Tourism Awards: Chef Paula Sproul and Manager Tamil Mani with the award.
Enjoy a BBQ Picnic Basket on our lush Vineyard grounds.
Picnic with an Alpaca on 1st July as part of Scenic Rim Eat Local Week celebrations.